Friday, October 08, 2010

writer's workshop 01




I so wanted to join this writing workshop ever since that day I chanced upon it on Mama Kat’s lovely blog, alas, procrastination and motherhood in between, days and weeks flew by with nil participation from me, so to make up for what’s lost, here is my writing workshop’s entry for the week and my very first...


If I could stop time for 24 hours and given that all of my son’s needs and concerns will be attended to while am at it, I would love to put on my old, forgotten bathing suit (lying somewhere beneath the rubble and the debris that is my closet!) put several dozen paperbacks (so I can catch up on my reading) on my green/purple mailman and rush to the first beach that pops up to mind, with my flip flops in tow, to work on my tan!  

I envision myself lying on the beachfront, a Coelho or a Kinsella on one hand and a tall glass of green mango shake with that colorful, lovely, tiny umbrella on top and just taking in the sun, the salty air on my face, the lovely coconut trees dancing to an old, familiar tune, the warm breeze and the quiet, calm atmosphere that I love so much about seasides.  or i can spend the entire afternoon, doing yoga and just breathing followed by taking an afternoon nap in a hammock or while having a rejuvenating massage, a facial, and a foot massage. 

I would love to walk barefoot on the beach at sunset then I’d have a henna tattoo of my son’s name on my nape and shoulder. Come dinner time, I’d dig in on yummy and scrumptious grilled squids and all sorts of delicious sea harvests, salads and green mangoes! And probably I wouldn’t hurt if I’d have a shot or two of tequila to cap the night…

And when that’s all done, I’d probably repeat everything from the top, only this time with my son, in his cute pocoyo trunks, in tow!


now, let's hear yours!








Mama's Losin' It




you might want to check out...