What is your weight loss/health and fitness goal for this year and how do you intend to achieve this?
at almost 32 years, and after having a c-section and incurring all those post-baby weight (more noticeably in my mid-section) i was not able to shed off after 17 months, and after acquiring this gargantuan appetite post-pregnancy that, for some unknown reason, seem to have never dissipated, i must admit i am nowhere near the ideal shape and form i aspire to be. how i miss the good old days, all those many pounds ago...
probably not many people know about the physical challenges that childminding a 17-month old toddler entails. it is pure hard labor, i tell you! lagging my son around when strolling the malls, or doing my regular grocery rounds, or attending blogging and mommy events, or simply taking an afternoon walk around the neighborhood, and not to mention, doing all those sans stroller since the little man deemed himself big enough to do without it, can leave me bone-tired at the end of the day with all those aching muscles! and to add chasing after him all day around the house when he plays non-stop or having my heart skip a bit almost all the time whenever he practices the newly acquired skill of climbing up and down the bed. i (and not to mention my heart!) really need to be in tiptop shape to keep up with my son and endure all that and live to tell the tale!
so, as a sort of resolution and a pledge, i resolved to be in my healthiest + fittest best this year! (yes, all those superlatives are necessary!☺) and to do all that, here's what i have in mind:
- avoid all those junk foods (yep sometimes i simply can't resist 'em)
- avoid being sedentary for an hour or more (read: must find other sports other than facebooking! ☺)
- eat a healthy, well-balanced diet with more of fresh fruits and veggies
- do yoga again (i was doing this regularly everyday not so long ago and i really miss communing with my yoga mat, i know it badly needed my attention!). my body, mind and soul can benefit much from this practice but as of yet, i haven't found the time to visit the yoga center i have discovered down town.
- avoid fussing + stressing too much (yep, even if we've grown used to doing these, it will really do us wonders avoiding it altogether!)
so, what are your weight loss + fitness plan for 2011? answer that and you might just win yourself a $50 cash prize via paypal and lovely tokens from fat girl no more. simply click here for further details on how to join.
this awesome blog giveaway is brought to us by the following generous sponsors:
- Blogger Manila
- Pinay Ads
- News Break Online
- Foodies Galore
- Earn Dollars Pinoy
- Mommy Rubz
- The Domain Angel
- Pinay Mommy Online
- Caffeinated Muse
- Crayons and Pencils
- Life’s Digital Moments
- The Accidental Teacher
contest runs til the end of the month and winners shall be announced by march 04.