Friday, April 22, 2011

happy earth day!


it is not only good friday, but we are also celebrating earth day today!of course, most of our mums are very much concerned about the earth since, their children will inherit it one day. i am glad to know that our mums are taking part, in whatever way they can, to help save + make mommy earth a better place for us to live in! 

don't you just love your mum? i do ;)

so what activities do you have lined-up for today? in my case, i think i'll just play a bit more, explore my newly-found favorite pringles later (when mum allows me, that is!), watch some tv with the grown-ups + take loads + loads of rest, as i have been nursing this colds/cough/asthma since last saturday. am getting better, but i really hate this new machine dad bought, mum said it's called nebulizer, kinda complicated for my little mind, really, but according to mum you put in my meds, called nebules into the apparatus, which in turn, do something with it (with that annoying sound that i really don't like, i'd wake up with so much as a twitch from it!) and turn in into fumes which i have to inhale to make me feel better + to declog my nose of mucus and what-have-yous! making me inhale the thing is one painful process, cause i simply won't maybe because i am intimidated by the machine that it stresses me with the mere site of it, + i just won't give in without a fight. now, just to let you know, it wasn't just me being stubborn and all, it was more of fear of the thing, i guess! 

hopefully the fumes will go away soon, or that i won't wake up the moment mum puts the thing near my mouth so i can inhale it while i sleep. i can really do without the constant running of my nose or the persistent mucus blocking my throat. 

that's about it for now, mum still has to post on a lot of other things here + maybe she will when she finds the time (she's constantly busy lately, washing all the stuffs i've thrown up on + constantly tinkering on the computer whenever she finds the time) so i hope you hang in there. i also hope she can update a photo of this nebulizer so you'll know exactly how it looks like + that mum will be able to post our very first giveaway come easter! keeping my little, stubby fingers crossed then ;)

in the meantime, i leave you with these steps on how to make non-toxic finger paint, mum found it earlier whilst she's working on her articles this morning. she's planned to make some of these in a while so we can make lovely finger paints + so i can practice using my hands. if am well, maybe mum will cook up some of these, for now, go ask your mum to prepare one for you!
eco tip 01: eco-friendly finger paint
  • what you'll need:
    • 3 tablespoons of sugar
    • 1/2 a cup of cornstach
    • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
    • 2 cups of cold water, and
    • food coloring or natural dyes of your choice of shades
  • how you'll do it: 
    • in a medium pan, combine all the ingredients, except the coloring
    • cook for about 10 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly
    • remove from fire and allow to cool
    • place into separate containers 
    • add in your coloring
Enjoy + do share your finger paints with us when you're done with it, right?

1 comment:

  1. happy earth day!:) btw, just wanna let u know that i've awarded u with the "lovely blog award". u may visit the link to my post about it:
    http://www.ilove-hues.com/2011/04/22/my-lovely-blog-award/

    let's spread the recognition:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you join a giveaway or two + good luck.

Please feel free to visit my other blogs:
Jared's Little Corner| mumwrites|musings on meanderings

This is a pr2, do-follow blog. All comments are moderated.

you might want to check out...