i am totally enjoying this new online game mum recently discovered in facebook, alterspace. what's so cool about this game is that filipinos designed it + whenever you finish tasks or level up, remarks in our vernacular, like "galing", "ayos" and others, pop up, much to the player's delight! i particularly like it whenever mum's avatar jump for joy, with matching rosy cheeks to boot, after finishing a bowl of salad or gulping a glass of fresh buko (coconut) juice! she jumped for joy with a giggle! yay! i also love that every bit of it has a filipino touch in it. the establishments in mum's planet, asteroid08, include the alterspace version of a carinderia or eatery, alteroturo, alterobee, planetpark, among others.
|our planet, asteroid 08|
- during the day, open your windows + use natural light to save on electricity consumption (you might want to ask mum or a grown up to help you with this one, though)
- turn off the lights + other appliances not in use
- save water + turn off the faucet
- use a glass while you brush your teeth instead of letting the faucet run the whole time
- whenever you bathe, ask mum to use a pail + a dipper instead of the shower, it helps save loads of water
- instead of sitting in front of the tv or the pc all day, ask mum to go out + play outside or better yet urge her to go to the nearest park for one afternoon of fun
- use cfl lights or the bulbs instead of fluorescent ones, since they are more energy-efficient
|mum's avatar in the kitchen preparing to eat snacks :)|
mum said kids ought to be playing this game instead of the other ones they usually played in the internet, since you will get to learn a thing or two about saving the environment while you enjoy playing. talk about hitting 2 birds with one stone. i just wish am old enough to play the game too, for now i'll just watch on the sidelines while my mum plays.
so how do you find this cool game?